We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that's important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can't turn into opportunity. And our work depends on an Automotive Mechanic joining our team to support our customer activities in Springfield, VA.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Warehouse Specialist, you will be trusted to work independently and deliver agile solutions. In this role, a typical day will include:
- Maintaining good communication with the team
- This office will oversee the operational status and ensures the readiness of sponsor's vehicle fleet, to include ensuring compliance with Federal, State and Local regulations applicable to sponsor's fleet of automobiles, pick-up trucks, long-haul tractor trucks, box trailers, flatbed trailers, straight/box trucks, forklifts of various lift capacities from 2,000 lbs. to 50,000 lbs., and other small vehicles, such as small All-Terrain Vehicles (ATV) and small gas/electric carts
- This office is responsible for tracking of all sponsor vehicle mileage and preventative maintenance schedules, and to provide regular status updates to sponsor management as requested
- This office is responsible for the coordination of routine and emergency vehicle repairs at sponsor's compound and for emergency roadside assistance as needed
- This office provides in-house repair service for miscellaneous compound repairs and escorting third party vendors while working on the compound
- Mechanic will interact with sponsor's truck drivers, administrative personnel, and third-party repair vendors
- Mechanic office experiences a varied workload of regular scheduled repairs as well as emergency repair requests over the course of a typical work week
- This is a full performance level automotive mechanic position reporting to the primary technical expert or supervisor who has overall responsibility for the operational and compliance status of sponsor's vehicle and truck fleet
- Mechanic works with minimal daily supervision and may guide developmental contract automotive mechanics, and task third party vendor heavy duty/truck mechanics performing work on sponsor's vehicle fleet
- Mechanic is responsible for implementing the established preventative maintenance program for all sponsor vehicles and equipment, following sponsor's service intervals and procedures
- Mechanic will interact with senior level mechanics and sponsor management to schedule services and keep management informed of equipment status and availability and obtain approval of major vehicle repairs; additionally, mechanic may attend staff meetings; verify repairs have been completed to specifications; act as sponsor's primary liaison with third party service providers; and verify and track vendor repair invoices and submit to sponsor for payment
- Mechanic may participate in occasional formal and informal presentations requiring representation of the mechanic office on matters related to the sponsor's fleet program
- Mechanic will receive service requests from senior mechanic and sponsor customers via email, phone, or internal database
- HS Diploma
- Must be able to obtain TS/SCI w/Poly
- Good verbal and written communication required
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 50 lbs. and larger weights in a team lift
- Ability to operate small and large hand tools
- Ability to proficiently operate a forklift (forklift training and certification to be provided by GDIT)
- Occasional travel may be required within the local northern Virginia area
- Opportunities for domestic USA/conus travel may arise due to office requirements
- Ability to operate Microsoft Office programs
- Mechanic must have sponsor system access (sponsor will provide training on sponsor specific databases)
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401K with company match
- Challenging work that makes a real impact on the world around you
- Diverse, highly collaborative teams
- A culture of mobility to foster your career growth goals
- Education and training opportunities
- Supporting a mission that is important to leverage technology and deliver agile solutions while working in a team-oriented environment
#JETAbout Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.COVID-19 Vaccination
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.