GovFirst is assisting our client with the recruitment of a Full-time, Direct Hire, Senior Sales Engineer - Public Sector position. Our client is the world's leading provider of innovative technology to defend against cyber-attacks. Our client offers tremendous opportunities for growth and development with a highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
TOP SECRET Clearance or above required. Live within 1 hour of DC, Maryland to be able to interact with clients as required.
What You'll Do
- You will be tied to a Regional Sales Manager and work in close alignment with the RSM
- Primary Sr Sales Engineer on opportunities
- Ensures sales discipline and leads all technical presales activities
- Lead the technical qualification, discovery, and information gathering
- Responsible for the customer demos & whiteboarding
- Lead customer Proof-of-Value (POV) to obtain Technical Win
- Deal with objection handling and responding to customer RFI, RFP, and SIG
- Technical Partner enablement
- Care for and Maintain the Technical needs of the current customer base
- Primary technical quarterback of accounts to engage and escalate additional technical resources for the customer when necessary.
- Top Secret Clearance
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a Public Sector Sales Engineer with Federal or DOD experience
- Deep understanding of cyber security concepts and competitor product landscape
- Proficiency with installing applications/troubleshooting Linux and windows servers
- Strong knowledge of Application Security
- Excellent presentation and communication skills; Strong empathetic listener
- Product Demos & Whiteboard Sessions
- Self-driven, creative – takes initiative to deliver value for client and company
- Ability to travel up to 25% within the U.S.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Knowledge of Top 10 OWASP, MITRE ATT&CK, NIST Framework
- Proficiency with Linux and windows servers
- Working Knowledge with App Servers such as Tomcat, JBoss, GlassFish, WebSphere, IIS
- Working knowledge of VMWare ESXi, AWS, Azure, GCP
- Execution of Proof of Values to obtain a technical win
- Experience selling APM, Log Aggregation, or Cyber Security solutions
- Experience with Software Development
- Working knowledge with Web Servers such as NGINX, Apache
- Intermediate Experience with Bash Scripting, PowerShell Scripting
- Working knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes (EKS, ECS, AKS, GKE), OpenShift
- Working knowledge of CI/CD Tools such as Jenkins, TravisCI, CircleCI
Location: Within an Hour of Washington DC, United States
What Our Client Offers
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth and development
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages, including 401(K)
- A company that enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties, and fosters learning and lots of other great stuff.
This Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
TS/SCI FS Poly, TS/SCI CI Poly, TS/SCI Poly, TS/SCI, TS/SSBI, Top Secret