Job ID: 622222BR
Date posted: Nov. 28, 2022
Locations: Palmdale, California
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description:Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
This position qualifies for a $30,000 sign-on Bonus for external candidates.
Software Quality Engineer Manager
Manages those who develop, modify and apply quality principles to the development and use of software and software-based systems for make and/or buy software products.
Performs verification and validation of test equipment including hardware in the loop systems.
Develops overall operating criteria to ensure implementation of the software quality program according to project, process and contract requirements and objectives.
Designs and implements software development and maintenance processes. Defines audit strategy to ensure compliance to systems/software processes.
Designs, specifies and conducts test methods for software inspection, verification and validation. Evaluates and analyzes software quality systems for deficiency identification and correction. Ensures measures meet acceptable reliability standards.
Performs software product reviews against contractual, technical and/or process requirements.
Reviews include requirement specifications, design documents, source code, test plans and procedures, materials, tools, techniques, and methodologies. Performs or directs verification of software requirement allocations, traceability, and testability.
Assignments are received in task and objective oriented terms.
Provides direction to subordinates based on general policies and management guidance. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Interprets and executes policies and procedures that typically affect subordinate organizational units.
Recommends modifications to operating policies.
Ensures that projects are completed on schedule and within budget. Erroneous decisions or recommendations or failure to complete assignments would normally result in serious delays to assigned projects resulting in considerable expenditure of additional time, human resources, and funds.
Frequent contacts with internal personnel and outside customers and industry peers at various management levels concerning operations or scheduling of specific phases of projects or contracts.
Conducts briefings and participates in technical meetings for internal and external representatives concerning specific operations.
Functions as an advisor to a unit regarding tasks, projects, and operations. Becomes actively involved in daily operations only when required to meet critical schedules or resolve complex problems.
Accomplishes results through lower level subordinate supervisors, associate managers, or exempt professional staff who exercise significant latitude and independence in assignments. Often heads skilled, experienced, and senior level exempt professional staff unit(s).
Appropriate degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education, with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment.
* Must have a final Secret Clearance
What's In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Palmdale, CA Discover Palmdale.
* Minimum of 15 years of related technical experience in software quality engineering or software engineering including related metrics.
* Bachelors degree or higher in Software Engineering, Computer Science or STEM.
* Prior leadership experience
* Demonstrated ability to proactively drive change and continuous process improvement.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with team leadership across programs, including production, program management, contracts, finance, HR, and technical operations.
* Experience in monitoring and maintaining budget allocations and providing input on enterprise training.
* Exhibits Full Spectrum Leadership (FSL) imperatives.
* Experience in the Software Development Agile Framework and DevSecOps Environments.
* Demonstrated effective management and leadership skills in working with salaried employees.
* Proven ability to manage Software Quality Engineering efforts in accordance with enterprise-level command media and Program specific requirements.
* A thorough understanding of LM Aeronautics Software Engineering processes (PM-4001) and the software development lifecycle.
* Demonstrated knowledge of AS9100 Quality System requirements.
* Ability to think strategically regarding the integration of processes from various disciplines
* Strong knowledge of root cause analysis techniques, methods, and demonstrated experience in the development and evaluation of effective preventive/corrective action plans.
* Ability to proactively communicate and motivate (including presentation and customer interface skills). Including active listening and ability to mentor and develop employee skills.
* Green Belt or Black Belt, CSQE, or CQM, or CQE certification.
* High energy, self-starting, team player who achieves goals.
* Cost Account Manager and forecasting knowledge.
* Proven decision-making ability
* Strong interpersonal skills, oral and written communication, and organization skills
* Ability to multi-task, be thorough and detail oriented, with strong job closure and analytical skills.
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret with an investigation within 5 years
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: QA/Test and Inspection
Go to job list
About Lockheed Martin
The F-35, PAC-3, and the GOES weather satellite...What do all of these technologies have in common? Talented people, our employees are the core of our business here at Lockheed Martin. As the leading global security, aerospace and information technology company-and the largest provider of IT services, systems integration & training to the U.S. government-we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.