CLEARANCE: Dependent on the future position.
(from TS/SCI w/CI Poly to Public Trust) LOCATION: Dependent on future position.
(if Remote work; work must take place within the United States)REMOTE WORK:
Possible for Public Trust opportunities.TRAVEL:
No long distance travel is anticipated.JOB DESCRIPTION:
Provide technical support to help SoundWay's clients define, design, develop, enhance, modernize, test, integrate, deploy and maintain mission-critical and operational-support systems and applications. NOTE: the degree of duties, responsibility, and authority depends on the job level for which you are hired.
- As a Software Engineer your job duties shall include all or most of the following: (i) Work as a member of, or technical lead for, a multi-disciplinary integrated team, (ii) Visualize, design, and develop creative and innovative software platforms and solutions, (iii) Create scalable software platforms and applications, and efficient networking solutions, (iv) Follow and apply configuration management policy and procedures, (v) Examine existing systems and software, (vi) Troubleshoot problems, identify root cause, resolve, and document all actions (re:configuration management policy), (vii) Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity, (viii) Plan and scale distributed software and applications, applying synchronous and asynchronous design patterns, write code, and deliver well-documented quality code, (ix) Track, document, and maintain software and network system functionality-both internally and externally, leveraging opportunities to improve engineering productivity, (x) Give a high level of attention to creating software and networking platforms free of faulty programming, keeping developers in step continuously without compromising site reliability, (xi) Work with product managers and user experience designers to influence the strategy for the next wave of product features and system capabilities, identifying the best way to deliver capabilities, (xii) Conduct work following an Agile lifecycle (likely SCRUM).
- More experienced individuals may be required to: (i) Define and document best practices and strategies for design, development, integration, testing, deployment and maintenance, (ii) Support large-scale systems/application designs to handle large scale and computationally intensive data analysis, statistical modeling, and advanced analytics; (iii) Provide guidance, thought leadership, mentorship, and educate/train teams on best practices and emerging technologies to build software engineering and development competencies.
The ideal candidate is experienced in cloud-based technology, has a firm grasp on, and the ability to assess, customize, troubleshoot, optimize, and maintain current and emerging technologies, platforms, and applications to help ensure greater security and efficiencies.
- TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE
- Proven ability to document design processes, including development, test, analytics, and troubleshooting.
- Proven experience conducting software engineering/development within/using an Agile lifecycle, SCRUM sprints, or other rapid development cycles in a web-based environment.
- Strong scripting and test automation abilities and experience.
- Knowledgeable of and experience developing relational databases and/or MongoDB.
- Professional written and verbal communications.
- YEARS EXPERIENCE
- Entry-Level Cloud Engineer: Minimum of 1 year experience in Software Engineering/Development.
- Mid-Level Cloud Engineer: Minimum of 4 years' experience in Software Engineering/Development.
- Senior-Level Cloud Engineer: Minimum of 8 years' experience in Software Engineering/Development.
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant Computer/Engineering/Mathematics/IT discipline.
- 4 years of additional experience may be accepted in lieu of a Bachelor Degree.
- 2 years reduction in the "minimum years' experience" requirement if you possess a Master's Degree or PhD in a relevant discipline.
- Certain intensive Cloud certifications may waive the Bachelor Degree requirement.
- One or more of following certifications may be required and/or preferred depending on the specific Cloud solution and job level.
- Microsoft Technology Associate Developer
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer
- AWS Certified Developer Associate
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate
- CompTIA Security+
- Oracle Certified Associate (any Java, any Oracle)
- Oracle Certified Professional (any Java, any Oracle)
- Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Developer
- Certified ScrumMaster
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Python Certification (any)
- C Programming Language Certified Associate
- COVID-19 Vaccination - Federal Government Compliance: NOTE: Most, but not all, of SoundWay's job openings support federal Government clients. If SoundWay's job offer is for a job supporting a federal Government client, your employment shall be contingent upon your ability to either (i) provide proof of vaccination, or (ii) submit and have approved by the client a Reasonable Accommodation Exemption.
- - - - - - - - ABOUT SOUNDWAY:MISSION:
To help our clients succeed, our employees excel, and to have a positive impact in all we do.MOTTO:
Continued Service to Country through Contracting.WATCH US:
Check out SoundWay's YouTube site
for videos on SoundWay, our capabilities and success.BENEFITS & PERKS:
SoundWay values its employees, respecting the whole person, and recognizing their efforts & accomplishments. True to our Mission Statement we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and an ethical & respectful company culture, including the following Benefits & Perks:
- Healthcare Benefits.
- SoundWay pays 100% of an employee's premium (cost) for Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance, & $50K Life Insurance, and approximately 25% of the additional cost to add spouse/partner/child(ren)/family coverage.
- Bonus in Lieu of Benefits. $3000/year bonus in lieu of benefits if you don't need/want medical benefits through SoundWay.
- Flexible Spending Account
- 3.5% Matching 401K Retirement Plan. Up to 3.5% matching.
- Professional Development Reimbursement. $2,000/year for qualified college courses, certification classes & testing, & professional association membership fees.
SoundWay's provides state-of-the-industry Information Technology (IT), Mission Support (MS), and Cybersecurity Compliance & Certification (NIST, CMMC, etc.)
solutions and services to support and advance National Security and Government programs & operations for the Department of Defense (DoD),
Intelligence Community (IC),
Veterans Administration (VA)
and other non-DoD Government organizations & agencies. And, as a Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification - Accreditation Board (CMMC-AB)
Registered Provider Organization (RPO)
and CMMC 3rd Party Assessor Organization (C3PAO),
SoundWay provides Cybersecurity compliance and certification solutions & services to businesses, organizations, & individuals doing business with the federal Government & DoD. GIVING BACK:
Giving back is a great way to have a positive impact in our communities & industry, and with our colleagues & clients. We encourage staff to recommend opportunities to give back via donations, sponsoring, mentoring, membership, participation, etc.. Our commitment to giving back & positive impact includes sponsoring a local youth softball team and the Bea Gaddy Family Centers
for several years.Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disable