Job ID: 623712BR
Date posted: Dec. 08, 2022
Locations: Huntsville, Alabama; King of Prussia, Pennsylvania; Littleton, Colorado; Sunnyvale, California
Description:Take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company in Littleton CO, Huntsville AL, King of Prussia PA or Sunnyvale CA!
The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space!
Defending against modern day missile threats requires constant teamwork and innovation. That's why we're able to integrate systems from end to end so you can detect, control and engage the full spectrum of missile threats across every domain. We are investing in disruptive technology like directed energy, space-based capabilities and solid state-radar. To build layers of defense that help keep us all safe!
As a Power Electronics Engineer you will lead the development of a sophisticated state-of-the-art avionics power distribution products in a world class Integrated Product Development environment. You will be part of an engineering team that is going through requirements derivation, design, design reviews, engineering release (Specifications, ICDs, , Engineering Drawings, P/Ls, Procedures, etc), development & qualification , requirement verification, production, data review, troubleshooting, issue resolution, integration, and performance validation.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
• Perform as a lead responsible engineer for the development of world class power distribution (PDU) systems.
• Lead design reviews, Engineering Material Review Board (EMRB) hardware discrepancy decisions and Failure Review Board(FRB) as required.
• Resolve test anomalies and troubleshooting, and generation, review and presentation of Product Certification, and also support system level testing.
• Provide engineering oversight for subcontractor provided hardware and review supplier generated data as required.
For this position, you will typically have:
• 14 - 20+ years of professional experience for this role.
• Willing and able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance, thus you are a US Citizen.
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's comprehensive benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
• Bachelors or Masters degree in an Electrical/Electronics program or other related discipline from an accredited college/university. Lower level education may be accepted with proper experience.
• Demonstrated circuit design/analysis understanding.
• System/Subsystem and/or Hardware (Unit/Assembly/Component) design, integration, test, and/or verification experience.
• Demonstrated experience related to the design, integration and/or verification of electrical power generation, regulation, and/or power distribution systems.
• Experience working in a product development team developing electronics products such a processors, motor controllers, or avionics type products.
• Experience in analog and digital circuit design.
• Experience doing PWB/PCB or CCA design, and interface with layout designers.
• Experienced at technical oversight with subcontract suppliers of critical electronics units
• Understanding of Grounding Schemes used on missile, launch vehicle, and/or satellite programs.
• Experience with Test and Measurement Equipment
• Knowledge of Battery Technologies (Thermal, Li ion or Ag-Zn).
• Cell balancing techniques, battery management.
• Performed Worst Case Circuit Analyses (WCCAs)
• Experience in conducting failure analysis on Electronics (CCA, Unit, and System Level) and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
• Demonstrated ability to identify Root Cause and effectively perform Corrective Actions
• Knowledge of functional and environmental methodologies/requirements used on missile, launch vehicle, and/or satellite programs.
• Demonstrated desire for continuous process improvement
• Strong communication skills, and experience presenting to peers, leadership, and/or customers
• Must be adaptable to new situations and demonstrate self-initiative in solving complex problems.
• Experienced at leading teams through challenging engineering and/or programmatic issues
• Development lab experience
• Electrical troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent analytical skills
• Experience with Test and Measurement Equipment
• Electrical/Electronics design, integration, and verification on missile, launch vehicle, and/or satellite programs.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• System performance monitoring and evaluation experience.
• Demonstrated experience related to Safe/Arm Devices for Ordnance Fuzing and Initiation
• Flight termination systems experience
• Experience with Telemetry Encoders / Data Acquisition Systems
• Experience with Transducers (Pressure, RTDs, Accelerometers, Calorimeters)
• Experience in Harness Assembly Design and Installation practices
• Experience in Special Equipment (STE) design and/or utilization
• Experience with RF (Transmitters, Receivers, Antennas)
• Understanding of Bus Architectures such as Ethernet, Serial (RS-422, RS-485, etc)
• Experienced at reviewing SDRL data items provided by suppliers (Analysis, ADP, QTR)
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday off
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Electrical Engineering
Go to job list
About Lockheed Martin
The F-35, PAC-3, and the GOES weather satellite...What do all of these technologies have in common? Talented people, our employees are the core of our business here at Lockheed Martin. As the leading global security, aerospace and information technology company-and the largest provider of IT services, systems integration & training to the U.S. government-we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.