Requisition Number: 11125
Required Travel: 0 - 10%
Employment Type: Full Time/Salaried/Exempt
Hours Per Week: 40.00
Security Clearance: TS/SCI w/ FS Poly
Level of Experience: Senior SummaryCyber, Electronic Warfare and Space (CEW&S), Mission Technologies a division of HII
provides full-spectrum cyber, EW and space capabilities that address today's rapidly changing, multi-domain global security threats, and anticipate emerging threats. We are diverse organization offering competitive and challenging opportunities to highly motivated individuals. As a company, we provide:
Cyber, Electronic Warfare and Space (CEW&S)
- On-demand professional development
- Career mobility
- Community engagement
- Engagement, diversity and inclusion
is looking to hire an Information System Security Engineer (ISSE) to serve as a principal advisor to the Government on all matters, technical and otherwise, involving the security of an Information System (IS) and provide the detailed knowledge and expertise required to manage the security aspects of an IS.Responsibilities
- Perform reviews of technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations, and recommended mitigation strategies;
- Maintain responsibility for the day-to-day security operations of the system which may include:
- Security Control Validation Visits
- Secure Configuration and Change management
- Event Management
- Account Management
- Vulnerability Management
- Security Incident Management
- POA&M Management
- Collaborate with the System Owner to maintain Approval to Operate (ATO), including the resolution of any Plans of Action & Milestones (POA&M) documents issued by the DAO
- Maintain and validate account and vulnerability management
- Respond to any data calls
- Provide security design guidance and analysis to the project team throughout the RMF process
Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph - must possess for considerationPreferred Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 15 years of systems engineering experience.
- Master's degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience.
- A high school diploma or GED plus 19 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- DoD8570 compliance with Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 2 or higher is required.
- Experience developing and updating System Owner to maintain Approval to Operate (ATO), including the resolution of any Plans of Action & Milestones (POA&M) documents issued by the DAO;
- Experience developing and updating System security Plans (SSPs) and supporting documentation (e.g. SECONOPs, diagrams, Privileged User's Guide);
This opportunity resides with Cyber & Electronic Warfare
, a business group within HII's Mission Technologies division. HII works within our nation's intelligence and cyber operations communities to defend our interests in cyberspace. Our deep expertise in network architecture, software and hardware development, cybersecurity and the electromagnetic environment uniquely enables us to support sensitive missions for federal agency partners.
HII is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135-year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission-driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII's skilled workforce is 44,000 strong. For more information, please visit: hii.com.
HII is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.