United States of AmericaLocation:
PW105: North Berwick Wells Road Route 9 North Berwick ME 03906 USAPosition Role Type:
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight-designing building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within we're seeking the people to drive it. So calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you'll find a place where your talent takes flight-beyond the borders of title a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we'll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that's evolving fast to the future.Innovation through diversity of thought.
At Pratt & Whitney we believe diversity of thought enables creativity innovation and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize sponsor coach hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust respect and integrity are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
Pratt & Whitney's North Berwick Engineering Center is currently seeking anSr. Mechanical Design Engineer
to support New Business . The selected candidate must have the drive creativity and desire to see their ideas become a reality.
The Sr. Mechanical Design Engineerwill work on the full Pratt & Whitney engine product line including the next generation of commercial and military engines. Hardware responsibilities include components found in the turbine. The ideal candidate will have strong fundamental engineering analysis skills and a hands-on understanding of manufacturing processes.Key Responsibilities:
- Develop conceptual preliminary and detailed designs of gas turbine hardware including.
- Design configuration including cost weight and producibility requirements.
- Lead multidisciplinary teams to develop and produce new hardware.
- Advance gas turbine technology and mechanical design methods.
- Support design reviews and execute Engineering Standard Work.
- Provide production field investigation and aftermarket technical support.
- Significant interaction with internal and external customers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and 5+ years' relevant experience OR Advanced degree and 3+ years of relevant experience.
- US Citizenship required due to government programs.
- Travel up to 5%.
Role Type: What is my role type?
- Ability to obtain a US Government Security Clearance.
- Solid understanding of manufacturing processes aerospace design methods and procedures and continuous improvement tools.
- Previous engineering experience in a design engineering role either in new product development or support of fielded product.
- Proficient with MS office (Excel PowerPoint Word).
- Proficient in CAD modeling familiarity with NX programs experience with Siemens Teamcenter software.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
In addition to transforming the future of flight we are also transforming how and where we work. We've introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
- Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers as they are essential to the development of our engines.
Click on this link
to read the Policy and Terms