United States of AmericaLocation:
AZ855: RMS AP Bldg M05 1151 East Hermans Road Building M05 Tucson AZ 85756 USAPosition Role Type:
HybridSystem Administration Section Manager I (M3)Raytheon Missiles & DefenseDigital Technology Program Services - Land Warfare/Air DefenseTucson AZ - Hybrid position - Onsite FrequentlyUS Security Clearance needed prior to start date.About Us:
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution a richer technology and product set an expanded range of disciplines a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.Job Summary:
TheSystem Administration Section Manager I
will lead and manage a team of System Administrators responsible for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of classified Missile Systems (MS) Program computing environments. These environments include a heterogeneous mix of computer server and networked hardware and software platforms. As a leader within the Program Services work center Section Managers are expected to embody exemplify and encourage outstanding values and behaviors which are paramount to the candidate's success. The Section Manager will interact with users Program leadership Cybersecurity professionals and other key stakeholders and will also be responsible for the acquisition and allocation of systems resources. Section Managers are responsible for proactive hiring assignment performance management retention and development of personnel. This will be accomplished through the process of developing and setting goals coaching mentoring providing resources opportunities to showcase talent and encouraging participation in all aspects of operations and projects within Raytheon.This position is based in Tucson AZ managing onsite system administration teams in three southwest locations (Tucson McKinney White Sands). The roleis part time telecommuting but the selected applicant must be located within a commuting distance to the site tomeet with their teams regularly. This position will require occasional business travel in the domestic US. Relocation is available for the selected applicant if they meet company policy criteria.Responsibilities to anticipate as a System Administration Section Manager I:
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Leading and managing a team of SystemAdministrators to ensure the confidentiality integrity and availability of IT systems and applications within their assigned section.
- Providing leadership to support a varied range of administrative tasking to include corrective/preventive maintenance recurring operations functions account management and system optimization.
- Performing leadership and managerial duties for team members including but not limited to Performance and Development assessments Career planning Resource management Timecard approval Personal-Time-Off (PTO) approval and management Talent interviewing and hiring.
- Supervising administrators whose duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts maintaining system documentation tuning system performance installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space.
- Working with team members to maintain as-is plans for managed systems and projects.
- Developing and monitoring policies standards processes and goals for direct reports.
- Coordinating system administrative support for training development/evaluations and operations and sustainment plans.
- Participating in Change Request reviews to include participating in Change Management boards at multiple program levels.
- Coordinating technical and process document reviews and resolving system administration engineering and integration issues.
- Participating and leading technical meetings with team members and other program personnel and representing the organization in functional area matters. Upholding company values and behaviors.
- Systems are operational 24x7 and occasionally require work effort beyond standard work hours must be able to travel 10% and able to lift 15 pounds.
- Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling prioritizing coaching and process execution.
Qualifications We Value:
- Role Typically requires a bachelor's degree plus 5 years directly applicable experience in System Administration or technology roles OR in lieu of a degree a total of 9 years directly applicable experience. Advanced degree with 3 years' experience OR Associate Degree with 7 years also acceptable.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US Secret security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Experience working as a System Administrator System Engineer (or related IT/Engineering role) working in Windows or Linux Operating environments.
- Experience in Project Leadership line supervision or management or Project management.
What We Offer:
- An active DoD Secret clearance with investigation date completed within the past 6 years.
- Knowledge of technical analytical and problem-solving activities as well as the ability to perform reviews of technical processes and solutions.
- Direct working experience with NISPOM JAFAN JSIG and/or DoD/RMF guidelines
- Organizational skills to include attention to detail time management and ability to multitask.
- Experience with handling and working with classified information.
- Experience supporting engineers in software simulations and hardware development.
- Knowledge in the following areas: patch management High Performance Computing OS Upgrades computer security system monitoring and logging
- Knowledge of virtual host solutions (e.g. VMware)
- Experience with requirements gathering planning and managing deployment installation maintenance and upgrade efforts over multiple geographic sites.
- Experience managing IT services and support in a 24/7 real time operational environment.
- Experience leading geographically dispersed teams.
- Industry certifications including but not limited to: Security + CISSP ITIL ISC2 PMP etc.
- 2 years demonstrated experience leading a team.
- Demonstrated experience planning managing budgets and head count.
- Knowledge of proposal development tasks
Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare wellness retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave flexible work schedules achievement awards educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Relocation support is available according to company policy criteria.Employee Referral Award Eligibility:
Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S
have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met (see guidelines
) to receive the Referral Awarding.
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO) an agency of the Department of Defense handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
Click on this link
to read the Policy and Terms