Ready to make an impact! Peraton has an exciting opportunity for a cleared Cyber Systems Administrator to join our dynamic multi-disciplinary team, developing a next generation satellite terminal on a mission critical Space and Intelligence Program.
The Cyber Systems Administrator will be responsible for the following but not limited to:
- Manages Information Technology (IT) infrastructure (geographically dispersed servers and workstations).
- Configures, maintains, and upgrades server hardware, firmware and applications / software (e.g., MariaDB/MySQL).
- Manages user accounts.
- Evaluates, tests, recommends information systems (IS) policies and procedures.
- Ensures server and workstation configurations are aligned with IS standards and overall IS and cyber security.
- Maintains overall system cybersecurity posture by continually identifying and correcting security risks and exposures.
- A current Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility and the ability to obtain a polygraph
- Bachelor's Degree and two (2+) years of experience; Master's Degree and no years of experience; High School Diploma/GED and eight (8+) years of experience
- A current Security+ or similar DoD 8570 IAT certification
- Working knowledge of Red Hat Linux system administration and maintenance in an isolated environment.
- Familiar with Network File System (NFS)
- Familiar with Linux host firewall configuration
- Familiar with patching and updating Linux operating systems
- Bachelor's Degree and four (4+) years of experience; Master's Degree and two (2+) years of experience; High School Diploma/GED and 10+ years of experience
- Working knowledge of NIST 800-53 security controls and Risk Management Framework process
- Demonstrated experience patching and updating Red Hat Linux operating systems (RHEL 7.9, RHEL 8.x).
- Demonstrated experience using Ansible playbooks for system administration and maintenance
- Demonstrated experience configuring, running and reviewing scans with Tenable Nessus / Security center
- Demonstrated experience configuring HBSS
- Demonstrated experience configuring Splunk and Splunk Universal Forwarder for the Red Hat Linux operating system
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world's leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can't be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.Target Salary Range
$66,000 - $106,000. This represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.EEO Tagline (Text Only)
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.