At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman CIO is seeking a well-qualified Linux Systems Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in Linthicum, MD. The selected candidate will be required to work on-site, full-time, at our Linthicum, MD campus; this is not a remote position. Roles and responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Perform as a Linux Systems Administrator on large, classified government contracts.
- Manage Red Hat systems to include enterprise Linux servers, workstations, and applications.
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal and external customers, in written and verbal format.
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
- Support multiple networks.
- Ensure necessary administration tasks are completed and direct others as necessary.
- Analyze internal and external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Provide backup and recovery services, manage file systems, and disk space, and manage virus protection on a routine basis.
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
- Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, and system components.
- Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors, and evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
- Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
- Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
- Prepare security documentation for Cyber Security team.
- Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
- Work under minimal direction and independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
- Associate degree and 11 years of experience, or Bachelor's degree and 9 years of experience, or Master's degree and 7 years of experience; a High School diploma or equivalent with 13 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a completed degree.
- Active DoD Top Secret/SCI security clearance with polygraph required on Day 1 of employment; maintaining the required security clearance will be a condition of continued employment.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain access to the program as a condition of continued employment.
- The selected candidate may be required to obtain and maintain a Special Access Program (SAP/SAR) clearance (if required by the customer) within 365 days of required paperwork submission as a condition of continued employment.
- Current IAT Level II certification (ex: Security+ CE) certification is required on Day 1; maintaining the required certification will be a condition of continued employment.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining computer hardware in a networked environment.
- Ability to scan then patch and harden Linux systems following security guidelines.
- Ability to support and troubleshot remote nodes.
- Experience managing RedHat Linux server environment.
- Experience patching RedHat Linux.
- Experience hardening RedHat Linux.
- Experience with kickstart installations.
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.
- Experience giving technical presentations to technical and non-technical attendees.
- Experience working in an HPC environment.
- Red Hat System Administration certification(s)
- Experience with NAS storage device (preferably NetApp) administration (ONTAP 8.x or higher; CDOT).
- Solid understanding of Enterprise-level storage concepts to include all commonly used RAID-levels.
- Red Hat Satellite Server (version 5 and version 6) configuration and usage experience.
- Solid understanding of remediating security vulnerabilities; Experience hardening Red hat systems in accordance with RMF and STIGs.
- Active vendor-based IT certifications.