At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal/Sr. Principal Software Quality Engineer.
This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Sentinel (GBSD) program.
This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.What You'll Get to Do:
Roles and responsibilities:
- The selected candidate will be responsible for one or more software development teams (IPTs) on the Sentinel or other SDS programs.
- Our focus is on ensuring process execution and efficiencies in the development, testing and release of the software deliverables.
- Support individual scrum/sprint teams by attending meetings, creating Jira dashboard tools to help monitor the progress and execution efficiency.
- Offer suggestions for improvement to software leadership.
- Create process health, progress and stability metrics when required
- Become familiar in the use of tools; Jira, Confluence, Jazz, Cameo, DOORS or others as needed
- Be a constructive advocate for Mission Assurance and relentlessly articulate our Value Proposition to our stakeholders
- Ensure Sentinel software is in compliance with industry guidelines and contractual requirements for development of military weapon systems.
- Maintain a keen focus on employee engagement, teaming and collaboration, process improvement, rework reduction, and continuous improvement.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. Basic Qualifications:
- Principal Engineer Software Quality: A Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of Software related or Software QA experience; OR a Master's Degree with 3 years of related experience
- Senior Principal Engineer SW Quality: A Bachelor's Degree and 9 years of Software related or Software QA experience; OR a Master's Degree with 7 years of related experience; OR Applicable Military experience in lieu of degree
- Active Secret Clearance with ability to obtain a Top Secret (TS) security clearance
- Experience in developing and implementing Software Quality Assurance plans.
- Experience in developing and/or using metrics for process health and/or performance monitoring
- Experience in evaluation, tracing, and/or analysis of requirements
- Demonstrated ability prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines
- Excellent liaison between local personnel, suppliers, and customers
- Experience in leading a team of Software Quality Assurance and Quality Engineers
- Experience in Software Quality Assurance Management
- Experience in Missile Systems/Sub-Systems design, construction, or sustainment
- Experience in process monitoring, data collection, analysis, and metric reporting for a large program/supplier-base.
- A current/Active Top Secret clearance