DescriptionWork Where it Matters
Cloud Lake Technology, an Akima company, is not just another federal IT contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At Cloud Lake, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States. For our shareholders
, Cloud Lake provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.For our government customers
, Cloud Lake delivers highly specialized, data-centric services and technology solutions that break down organizational boundaries and transform mission delivery.As a Cloud Lake employee
, you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.Job Summary
Cloud Lake Technology is looking for a Science and Technology (S&T) Program Manager performing programmatic and outreach duties associated with S&T requirements for defense agencies. The qualified candidate must fully understand Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC) and the Department of Defense Information Analysis Center (DoDIAC) PMO mission needs and maintain awareness of the priorities of DTIC/IAC users.
The applicant will have the opportunity to directly work with priorities and projects conducted in collaboration with the Federal government, the private sector, and industry partners within the intelligence, defense, and homeland security communities. He/she will support strategic planning, outreach, program analysis, and operational support to address current DoDIAC operational needs and DoD-wide, identified capability gaps. Ideal candidate possesses knowledge management, data analysis, and project/program management experience in the DoD R&D and S&T environment and has a strong interest in accelerating technical and information sharing capabilities. Excellent analytical, writing, presentation, organizational, management, and communication skills are required.Job ResponsibilitiesProgram Analysis
- Serve as a "fusion cell" lead and provide data analytical and knowledge management support to a large group of technical, managerial, and administrative groups within the DoDIAC; develop knowledge management concepts, ideas, and plans for achieving objectives to successfully reach DoDIAC and its customers' vision, goals and mission.
- Oversee ongoing technical analyses and provide guidance in managing, evaluating, providing recommendations, reports, and resolutions pertaining to various technical domains.
- Develop strategic plan using the program's portfolio of current capabilities, requirements, and technical initiatives to enable and propose strategic enhancements by recommending solutions to enable rapid capability development.
- Prepare a variety of regular and one-time reports and complex studies for the organization, such as, review and analysis, historical information, point papers, and assessment of new/revised regulations and initiatives.
- Support any high-level strategic direction data-call requests for performance measures, trending analysis, metrics, feasibility studies, and change requests serving program objectives.
- Create and present briefings to discuss status, progress, new or changed requirements and technical, program, and scheduling problems which are critical to the accomplishment of project objectives.
Governance & Control
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with DTIC, the DoDIAC functional groups, CCMDs, and other federal DoDIAC users as required to address issues/concerns and to develop solutions across the organization's programmatic spectrum to include Defense Systems, IT/Cybersecurity, and Homeland Security capabilities.
- Participate in meetings and conferences with representatives of other government departments and agencies, participating organizations and contractors. Discusses problems that affect the overall direction of assigned projects and makes recommendations.
- Coordinate with the stakeholders groups for the purpose of providing technical and programmatic information in response to ad-hoc data call requests.
- Facilitate the communications as a liaison between the internal functional groups and external clients to source requirements advancing technical solutions and fulfilling client requests.
- Implement PMO governance standards across the portfolio, including tracking, monitoring and updating the status of program deliverables.
- Manage program level Lessons Learned repository; attend Post Project Review meetings to identify key areas of improvement to be captured into the Lessons Learned repository.
- Manage the program level risks and issues register.
- Liaise with staff across DoDIAC PMO service cells to ensure project standards are implemented consistently across the program.
- Support implementation of the quality strategy, including any processes and templates, across all projects
- Implement and oversee the change control process across all projects and portfolios.
- Provide effective management support to the Program Analysis Cell as well as ongoing/future projects across the organization.
- Support the definition of small/medium project Business Cases (scope, goals, deliverables, costs, timescales, plans, dependencies, resource requirements and milestones)
- Ensure pre-scope project plan is communicated to all project stakeholders together with their individual responsibilities.
- Provide coordination of development, publication, review, and submission of major Project Management deliverables
- Help the program manage to ensure project plans are created and maintained, deliverables tracked against time and cost, and resource utilization is monitored.
- Coordinate quality activities to meet quality objectives. Managing project risks, issues and change control, communicating the impact to the project
- Help monitor projects against time, budget and quality standards at both program level and contract level.
- Help mentor, develop, and manage to assigned PMO personnel.
- Serve as a site lead for the Ft. Belvoir teams.
- Provide Business Development, Proposal Support, and other corporate growth support as necessary.
Skills & Competences
- Four-year degree from an accredited university plus a minimum of seven (7) years of professional and relevant experience. Experience supporting the S&T and R&D requirements/programs are a plus. Training and education equivalent to a bachelor's and required years of experience may be acceptable.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret Clearance
- PMP and / or DAWIA III Program Management Certification
- Experience and familiarity with supporting Department of Defense programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (written and verbal) with experience briefing senior federal executives.
- Have demonstrated and utilized a knowledge of the mission, charter, roles, and responsibilities of U.S. Government agencies, and how these organizations can effectively cooperate in implementing information sharing plans and programs.
- Have demonstrated a superior ability in developing effective professional and interpersonal relationships with peers and colleagues across multiple functional groups and external partners.
- Have demonstrated an ability to balance responsibilities among assigned activities; including the ability to manage transitions effectively from task to task, and proven adaptability to varying customer needs.
- Knowledge of DoD Acquisition lifecycle
- Services and tools encompassing the whole data lifecycle (e.g. ranging from data acquisition and management to data analysis and exploitation)
- Excellent data analysis skills.
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken) and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills, including a superior ability to work effectively at the highest levels within an interagency environment on complex issues requiring consensus-building.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-353-7053 (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).