At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As one of the largest global security companies in the world, Northrop Grumman is proud to help our nation's military personnel make the transition to civilian careers. Approximately 1/4th of Northrop Grumman's 90,000 employees self-identifies as veterans, and more than 1,600 are reservists.
The Northrop Grumman Military Internship Program (NG-MIP) is an approved SkillBridge Program under Dept. of Defense Instruction 1322.29 . NG-MIP is an opportunity for transitioning service members to gain valuable civilian work experience through an individual internship during their last 6 months of service, for up to 180 days. The Northrop Grumman Military Internship Program is open to all ranks and experience levels. SkillBridge participants are not eligible for compensation from Northrop Grumman, as they continue to receive military compensation and benefits as active-duty service members.Responsibilities for this internship position are:
Northrop Grumman Corporation (NGC) has developed the Northrop Grumman - Military Internship Program (DoD SKillbridge) utilizing the DoDI guidance for Skillbridge. During this program the service member will be on-site at his or her host company performing an individual internship in an entry to mid-level career type role. The service member will be on the job training supporting a work schedule equivalent to 40hrs per week. Outlined below are the Goals, Objectives, and Outcomes for the program.Goals
- Provide transitioning service members fellowship-style job skills training during the last portion(s) of their military commitment. This program is specifically designed to offer internships that result in the potential to transition to a full-time opportunity as the conclusion of the training. Interns will serve as a pipeline for high-speed, motivated military candidates into NGC.Objectives
- Service Members who complete the Intern program will be highly trained, capable, future employees that align to the specific needs of the organization and are prepared to meet the NG mission "Defining Possible" on Day 1. This program provides a comprehensive internship experience including professional development, networking with leadership, and training specifically focused on NG leadership principles, company history, customer/stakeholder engagement, product and service overview, and core job responsibilities.Outcome
- Offer transitioning service member a rewarding opportunity to join the Northrop Grumman team.DoD SkillBridge Eligibility:
- Has served at least 180 days on active duty
- Is within 12 months of separation or retirement
- Will receive an honorable discharge
- Has taken any service TAPS/TGPS
- Has attended or participated in an ethics brief within the last 12 months
- Received Unit Commander (first O-4/Field Grade commander in chain of command) written authorization and approval to participate in DoD SkillBridge Program prior to start of internship.
The Payload and Ground Systems Division within Northrop Grumman Space Systems is a strategic partner specializing in delivering intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance solutions for classified and unclassified missions in space. Headquartered in Linthicum, Maryland
, PGS RSP has offices, manufacturing, and world-class assembly, integration, and test facilities. We do it all here, on-site, from sensors to payloads to full up spacecraft, supporting Class A to Class D missions. Our key capabilities include Active RF, Passive RF, and Electro-Optical payloads, space solar power, cross domain missions, and space resilience payloads & solutions.
This position is for a Space Payload Systems Engineer / Principal Space Payload Systems Engineer to join our Remote Sensing Programs Systems Engineering, Integration and Test (RSP SEIT) team. As a member of this team, you will have the opportunity to support efforts on both concept and product development to deliver key solutions to our customers. We cover a wide variety expertise within the systems engineering domain. This includes mission engineering, requirements, architecture, modeling and simulation, integration and test, verification and validation, and many more!
The position will be responsible for supporting and leading systems engineering tasks for space subsystems, payloads and/or vehicles.These may include, but are not limited to:
- Requirements analysis, derivation, and management
- Mission Engineering, modeling, and analysis
- Architecture and CONOPs development
- Systems modeling and simulation
- Functional analysis
- Timeline analysis
- Trade studies
- Technical planning
- Cost and risk analysis
- Interface definition
- System design
- System integration and test
- Verification and Validation planning and execution
- Supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Some tools you could expect to use are: DOORS, STK, Cameo, Rhapsody, MATLAB, python
- Systems Engineer: Bachelor Degree in STEM curriculum with 2 years relevant experience; 0 years with MS Degree
- Principal Systems Engineer: Bachelor Degree in STEM curriculum with 5 years relevant experience; 3 years with MS Degree; or PhD with 0 years of exp
- Active TS or SCI clearance or ability to obtain a TS Clearance
- Systems engineering experience (i.e. requirements, mission engineering, architecture, modeling and simulation, integration and test, verification and validation)
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Space experience
- Sensor/payload experience:
- Processing, specifically On-Board Processing
- Space vehicle experience
- Space ground systems architecture and design experience
- Mission engineering, modeling and simulation
- Space Mission CONOPS
- Assembly, Integration and Test (AI&T)