The Principal Developer applies the necessary technical breadth and depth to lead and support client's ServiceNow journeys and elevate their business objectives. They collaborate with project team members to create simple, intuitive, easy-to-use, and maintainable ServiceNow solutions that deliver value for evolving business needs.
The Principal Developer has strong business empathy and understands the importance of and opportunity for leveraging the ITIL framework and other industry best practices to create valuable business solutions.
As a leader among peers, the Principal Developer performs solution design reviews and is responsible for creating and managing reusable artifacts that improve the organization's efficiency and effectiveness.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Translate requirements/stories and mock-ups into fully functional features by working closely with the implementation project team
- Work in a Scrum-based, Agile development process that is light on documentation and meetings and heavy on coding
- Configure the Application UI and workflows
- Develop required integration components (SSO, LDAP, etc.) with multiple HR systems
- Attend, participate, and occasionally lead Scrum meetings
- The Principal Developer will likely have client-facing aspects, including demonstrating builds to customers and assisting with user acceptance testing
- Create and implement scalable and sustainable technical solutions in accordance with requirements provided by stakeholders while maintaining platform stability, scalability, and compliance with applicable license agreements and audit policies.
- Create and deliver solutions for stakeholders and/or customers addressing requirements through technical architecture in consideration of process design, ServiceNow Technical Best Practice and Standards
- Collaborate and contribute on the creation, deployment and maintenance of Technical Best Practices and Standards
- Ensure technical documentation is complete, consistent, high quality, on time, and deliver valued outcomes
- Build trust and establish thought leadership through publication activities: Knowledge Articles, White Papers, Wiki, Community, Blogs, Templates, Capability Content, etc.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other members of the team.
- Maintain curiosity and proactive familiarity with ServiceNow capabilities and share knowledge and best practice with the entire team.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- 5+ years' experience as a developer working on the ServiceNow platform
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator (CSA) - current or within 6 months of hire
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist for ITSM (CIS-ITSM) - current or within 6 months of hire
- Proven experience in two (2) additional product lines beyond ITSM
- Conversational familiarity with ITIL.
- Experience with technical components such as LDAP, VPN, SSL, SAML/SSO and other such technologies
- Experience implementing systems using the Agile/Scrum methodology
- Degree or equivalent, preferably in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Proven experience in technical consulting roles
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer (CAD)
- ServiceNow Pre-Sales Accreditations in all product-lines
- ITIL v3 or v4 Foundations Certification
- Reston, VA - Norfolk, VA - Tampa, FL - Colorado Springs, CO - San Diego, CA