The Sr. Cyber Range Engineer for the Joint Cyber Training Enterprise (JCTE) will be expected to be a subject matter expert for cyber range validation, and range control. Additionally, the ideal candidate will address ad-hoc customer related technical requirements and synchronizing priorities across the platforms functional areas. You must thrive in high pressure situations and drive relevant teams to take the right actions. The Sr. Range Engineer will provide senior expert guidance on cyber range development and execution, systems administration, cybersecurity, and account management support for the JCTE and report directly to the Chief, Engineer for JCTE.Responsibilities
- As the Senior Range Engineer for JCTE, the incumbent will provide technical (back end) expertise to support large scale cyber exercises and multi-spectrum cyber operations.
- They will be the principal advisor for cyber range operations in support of DCO/OCO activities for the US Cyber Command (USCC).
- Will integrate into a highly talented and seasoned cyber operators and provide cyber range expertise to enable DCO and OCO operations for USCC as well as across the service components.
- Intermediate knowledge of the Joint Events Life Cycle (JELC) and defensive and offensive cyber tools
- Expert working knowledge of networking, to include: DNS, routing, basic to advanced TCP/IP skills and troubleshooting.
- Background in MS, AD, Security Onion, and VMWare
- Demonstrated an understanding of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Identity Management (IdM) and Single Sign On (SSO) using Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- Translate cyber mission force training and mission rehearsal goals into actionable event environments.
- Support cyber range event design and execution
- Provide subject matter expertise on architecture, authentication and system security
- Fulfill regular on-call responsibilities
- Drive continuous process improvement across all event activities.
- Provides expert-level IT, virtual environment, and network support functions.
- Must be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment and able to work with a range of engineers holding a diverse set of skills at differing levels of experience.
- Be sensitive and flexible to the needs and requirements of the customer.
Special Requirements/Security Clearance
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of DNS: Authoritative vs. Recursive servers, SOA, NS, MX, A, and CNAME records
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of routing: OSPF static, BGP, route maps, access lists, prefix lists, advertise maps, and route weights.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of exchange: Edge servers, recipient e-mail addressing, mailboxes, auto-configuration for Exchange clients.
- Intermediate knowledge of Security Onion or SPLUNK: interface requirements, scalability landmines, Enterprise configurations (sensor and master). VMWare port properties and how they are tied to sensor ports and promiscuous modes.
- Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business.
- Prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands.
- Interact with vendors/users/customers and developers to understand needs and operational requirements changes that will impact the production environment.
- Ability to solve technical problems involving a variety of integrated software and hardware platforms
- 4+ years of experience with CNO/CNE/CND platforms
- 5+ years of experience with cyber training, validation exercises, and working with cyber protection teams (CPTs), including planning, coordinating, and execution.
- Current DoD 8570 IAT Level II or greater certification such as
- Security+, CCNA, CISSP or other equivalent certification.
- Associate degree in a technical discipline such as information technology, computer science, systems or software engineering from an accredited college or university.
- TS SCI security clearance and will require to undergo a CI if selected. Security Clearance requirements will be specified in the Government's Task Order.