Requisition Number: 16557
Required Travel: 26 - 50%
Employment Type: Full Time/Salaried/Exempt
Security Clearance: Secret
Level of Experience: Management Meet HII's Mission Technologies Division
Our team of more than 7,000 professionals worldwide delivers all-domain expertise and advanced technologies in service of mission partners across the globe. Mission Technologies is leading the next evolution of national defense - the data evolution - by accelerating a breadth of national security solutions for government and commercial customers. Our capabilities range from C5ISR, AI and Big Data, cyber operations and synthetic training environments to fleet sustainment, environmental remediation and the largest family of unmanned underwater vehicles in every class. Find the role that's right for you. Apply today. We look forward to meeting you.Summary
HII's Mission Technologies Division's (MT) Capture Solutions within the Chief Growth Officer (CGO) organization is searching for a Solution Architect/Director to focus on high value opportunities (nominally >$500M). The objective for this technical leader is to engage with capture and proposal teams to architect the most advanced mission system solutions supporting DoD level manned and unmanned multi-INT operations. The candidate should possess a strong background in innovation and creative approaches to problem solving and team development, experience solving system integration problems across a wide array of technology, expert knowledge in software systems development, AI/ML, have a strong understanding of all ISR operational domains and CONOPS, expert knowledge in manned and unmanned ISR technologies (incl. sensors and processing), initial design, development, production, and testing.
The ideal candidate must be, by their inherent nature, a self-starter, self-motivated, and entrepreneurial. This role requires a high business acumen, technical education or related experience, resourcefulness, and internal/external customer relations experience. Candidate must have a proven record of winning new and follow-on business in the federal market. The position will report to the Vice President of Capture Solutions.
The Solution Architect/Director will support the entire lifecycle of an opportunity from identification to final award. Requires confident, knowledgeable, and hands on leadership that works collaboratively with all stakeholders, while staying laser focused on doing whatever it takes to win.
HII is recognized as one of America's top large company employers and is driven by strong values and ethics that puts people's safety and well-being first. HII employees continuously rise to the challenge of setting the highest standard of professional and ethical conduct and perform in concert with our company slogan "Hard Stuff Done Right".
For a short video about Mission Technologies, click here:
https://hii.com/capabilities/mission-technologies/ What you will do
What you must have
- As a Solution Architect/Director the candidate will develop advanced technical concepts to win RDTE contracted work and system integration contracts. The candidate will lead technical solution development and serve as a key person in proposing large programs and supporting launch.
- Support capture efforts, including associated proposals, throughout the entire capture/proposal process from opportunity identification to contract start (e.g., qualification, capture, proposal, ENs, ORALs, FIPR, protests, etc.)
- Support teaming strategy, structure, and selection of teammates based on an analytical assessment of HII's strengths/weaknesses against customer issues, SOW/RFP requirements, and competition
- Provide input to capture plans, gate reviews, and proposal plans to the executive team and be receptive to constructive input
- Participate in the selection of key personnel/management team members that not only meet RFP requirements but exceeds them in a discriminating manner.
- Be directly involved in the design of the technical and management solutions so they not only address customer issues and associated win themes but achieve the price to win.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as necessary to optimize PWin.
Bonus Points for...
- 10 years relevant progressive experience with Bachelors in related field; 8 years relevant progressive experience with Masters in related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 14 years relevant progressive experience.
- Proven track record in producing solutions supporting the capture/winning of large programs (>$100M Total Contract Value) within the DoD or Intelligence Community with emphasis on R&D, S&T, and Engineering
- Demonstrated skills in all areas of business development including capture strategy, Management and Technical solution development, customer relationship development, competitive intelligence, and team leadership, etc.
- Expert knowledge of U.S. federal Government services/solutions contracting/buying practices
- Direct familiarity with various acquisition pathways (General Services Administration (GSA), One Acquisition Solution for Integrated Services (OASIS), ASTRO, IAC MAC, etc. a plus
- Knowledge and experience with the Federal Systems Integration and Management Center (FEDSIM) organization, its key leadership, and procurement history
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, esp. at an executive briefing level demonstrated through written and oral presentations, development of technical papers, volumes, or similar products
- Clearance: Must possess and maintain an active Secret clearance
- Master's degree in engineering or technical discipline preferred
We build the world's most powerful, survivable naval ships and defense technology solutions that safeguard our seas, sky, land, space and cyber. Our diverse workforce includes skilled tradespeople; artificial intelligence, machine learning (AI/ML) experts; engineers; technologists; scientists; logistics experts; and business administration professionals.
Recognized as one of America's top large company employers, we are a values and ethics driven organization that puts people's safety and well-being first. Regardless of your role or where you serve, at HII, you'll find a supportive and welcoming environment, competitive benefits, and valuable educational and training programs for continual career growth at every stage of your career.Together we are working to ensure a future where everyone can be free and thrive.
Today's challenges are bigger than ever, and the nation needs the best of us. It's why we're focused on hiring, developing and nurturing our diversity. We believe that diversity among our workforce strengthens the organization, stimulates creativity, promotes the exchange of ideas and enriches the work lives of all our employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address. Additionally, you may also call 1-844-849-8463
for assistance. Press #3 for HII Technical Solutions.