At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.NG- Military Internship Program Description:
As one of the largest global security companies in the world, Northrop Grumman is proud to help our nation's military personnel make the transition to civilian careers. Approximately 1/4th of Northrop Grumman's 90,000 employees self-identify as veterans, and more than 1,600 are reservists.
The Northrop Grumman Military Internship Program (NG-MIP) is an approved SkillBridge Program under Dept. of Defense Instruction 1322.29. The NG-MIP program is an opportunity for transitioning service members to gain valuable civilian work experience through an individual internship during their last 6 months of service, for up to 180 days. The Northrop Grumman Military Internship Program is open to all ranks and experience levels. SkillBridge participants are not eligible for compensation from Northrop Grumman, as they continue to receive military compensation and benefits as active-duty service members. Responsibilities for this internship position are:
Northrop Grumman Corporation (NGC) has developed the Northrop Grumman - Military Internship Program (DoD SkillBridge) utilizing the DoDI guidance for SkillBridge. During this program the service member will be on-site at his or her host company performing an individual internship in an entry to mid-level career type role. The service member will be on the job training supporting a work schedule equivalent to 40hrs per week. Outlined below are the Goals, Objectives, and Outcomes for the program.
DoD SkillBridge Eligibility:
- Goals - Provide transitioning service members fellowship-style job skills training during the last portion(s) of their military commitment. This program is specifically designed to offer internships that result in the potential to transition to a full-time opportunity as the conclusion of the training. Interns will serve as a pipeline for high-speed, motivated military candidates into NGC.
- Objectives - Service Members who complete the Intern program will be highly-trained, capable, future employees that align to the specific needs of the organization and are prepared to meet the NG mission "Defining Possible" on Day 1. This program provides a comprehensive internship experience including professional development, networking with leadership, and training specifically focused on NG leadership principles, company history, customer/stakeholder engagement, product and service overview, and core job responsibilities.
- Outcome - Offer transitioning service member a rewarding opportunity to join the Northrop Grumman team.
- Has served at least 180 days on active duty
- Is within 12 months of separation or retirement
- Will receive an honorable discharge
- Has taken any service TAPS/TGPS
- Has attended or participated in an ethics brief within the last 12 months
- Received Unit Commander (first O-4/Field Grade commander in chain of command) written authorization and approval to participate in DoD SkillBridge Program prior to start of internship.
:Northrop Grumman Chief Information Office
is seeking a well-qualified Windows Systems Administrator
to join our qualified, diverse, and dynamic team of technical professionals. This position is located in the Linthicum, MD
area.Roles and responsibilities will include:
- Perform as a Windows Systems Administrator for a classified government contract.
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
- Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
- Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
- Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
- Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
- Prepare security documentation for input to Computer Security.
- Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
- Work under minimal direction and independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
- The selected candidate may be required to obtain and maintain program access during their internship.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and collaborative/team settings across all levels.Basic Qualifications:
- Associate's degree with 4 years of experience; OR Bachelor's degree with 2 years of experience; OR a High School diploma or equivalent and 6 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a completed degree.
- Must have an Active, DOD Security Clearance (Secret, Top Secret, or Top Secret/SCI, polygraph), and the ability to maintain the required security clearance throughout the duration of the SkillBridge internship.
- Must have experience supporting Windows OS.
- Depending on program and/or customer requirements, the selected candidate may be required to have a current Security+CE or similar DoD 8570 security certification.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management.
- Windows domain architecture experience.