We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that's important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can't turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Warehouse Specialist joining our team to support our customer activities in Springfield, VA.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Warehouse Specialist, you will be trusted to work independently and deliver agile solutions. In this role, a typical day will include:
- Maintaining good communication with the team
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Must be able to work independently under the general supervision of a contractor supervisor or Sponsor point of contact
- Will possess effective verbal and written communication skills and should be able to prioritize their work
- Safely operate material handling equipment such as: gas/diesel/electric-powered forklifts of various capacities ranging from 1,000 to 50,000 lbs, pallet jacks, hand trucks, automatic or manual shrink wrap machines, warehouse scales, banding and strapping equipment, wheeled carts and cages, J-bars, dock and lift gate equipment, and packing tape dispensers
- Tasks related to office moves and relocations such as: manual lifting and lowering of boxes, totes/bins and furniture; wrapping of furniture and other items using furniture pads or stretch wrap, assisting in team lift of safes and other heavy material onto the appropriate dollies, skids, or material handling equipment
- Utilization of manual and/or electric hand tools for activities such as: mounting or dismounting white boards, pictures, and electronic equipment, assisting with measuring, and cutting wood and the assembly of crates used for the packaging of non-standard items
- Receiving and distribution functions such as: pick-up and delivery functions, validation of material contents against packing lists and manifests, inspection of received items
- Ability to make decisions and solve more challenging problem based on research and prior experience with minimal input/guidance from more experienced colleagues that result in predominantly successful outcomes; additionally, gathers information from multiple sources to make informed decisions
- Demonstrate attention to detail and ability to maintain accurate records
- HS Diploma
- 1 year of experience performing warehouseman-type work in a warehouse environment
- TS/SCI w/polygraph
- Should have working knowledge of HAZMAT requirements, the ability to learn/operate basic warehouse material handling equipment, and the ability to follow proper safety protocols in the execution of their duties
- Work involves a significant amount of standing, walking, bending, and lifting (up to 70 lbs.)
- Forklift training within 60 days of start
- Ability to use power tools and machinery
- Demonstrated experience operating various material handling equipment in accordance with safety requirements and procedures
- Demonstrated experience safely moving material of various sizes and weights throughout a warehouse as well as onto and off trucks
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401K with company match
- Challenging work that makes a real impact on the world around you
- Diverse, highly collaborative teams
- A culture of mobility to foster your career growth goals
- Education and training opportunities
- Supporting a mission that is important to leverage technology and deliver agile solutions while working in a team-oriented environment
#IntelLogsJobsAbout Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.COVID-19 Vaccination
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.